- July 29, 1934 Our first service is held at the Blooming Grove Town Hall.
- February 14, 1936 Twenty-one members sign the church constitution as charter members. The congregation adopts the name "Monona," (meaning beautiful) from nearby Lake Monona.
- March 11, 1936 The Ladies' Aid Society (now known as LWML) is formally established.
- April 4, 1937 The first church building is dedicated. The building is a large, two-story house, with the church on the first floor and the parsonage on the second floor.
- March 13, 1955 A new church building is dedicated. The new building is adjacent to the original church/parsonage.
- September 1977 The church's current stained glass windows are installed and dedicated.
- Spring 1983 The original church/parsonage building is razed to make room for an expansion of the church's narthex.
- April 27, 1986 The congregation celebrates its 50th anniversary with a special service. The Rev. Dr. John R. Buuck, president of Concordia College, Mequon is the guest pastor for
- May 2005 Construction of a new addition to the church building provides approximately 6,000 square feet for offices, classrooms, an elevator, and an expanded narthex.
- Spring 2011 The congregation celebrates its 75th anniversary with three special services. Rev. David Susan, pastor emeritus from Immanuel Lutheran Church in Madison, composes a
hymm, "How Lovely, This Monona Morning" to commemorate the occasion.
- Summer 2011 New pews and flooring were installed in the Sanctuary.
- October 19, 2014 The installation of Pastor Nowak as the current pastor of Monona Lutheran.
- Januaury 2015 The congregation celebrated paying off the mortgage for the 2005 addition.
- February 2015 Replacement of the Rogers digital organ began.